Here at the Gyro Shack, we know it can be hard to find great options for eating out when dealing with specific dietary needs or restrictions. We want to provide some guidelines here to help navigate our menu.
We have some delicious vegetarian options such as:
- Veggie Pita, Rice Bowl or Salad – Veggie patty, hummus, or Tzatziki sauce topped with lettuce, tomato & onion.
- Greek Salad Pita – Tzatziki, lettuce, greek salad, feta, and Kalamata olives.
- Greek Salad – Romaine lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, bell pepper, Kalamata olives, feta cheese, house vinaigrette & pita bread.
- Tzatziki & Pita – Our popular yogurt-based sauce with cucumber, garlic, and fresh herbs – served with pita bread.
- Gyro meat – The Gyro Shack takes great pride in using only the highest quality, halal-certified Gyro meat.
- Chicken – Our chicken is NOT halal certified.
- Bacon – Our bacon is pork bacon.
- Nuts – Although most of our dishes are nut-free, we do serve Baklava in our kitchen – which contains walnuts. We therefore cannot guarantee that all the food is prepared in a nut-free environment, so please keep that in mind when ordering if you have a nut-allergy.
- Feta cheese is very high in lactose, so we do not recommend feta for anyone who is lactose intolerant.
- Dairy Free Options:
- Any Gyro with no cheese, no Tzatziki, add hummus or either spicy sauce.
- Greek Salad, no feta w/ vinaigrette dressing.
- Our gyro meat contains breadcrumbs so it is not gluten-free
- Despite some chatter online, pita bread is also not gluten-free.
- Gluten-free options:
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pita as a salad.
- Large Greek Salad with Vinaigrette
- Any Chicken Gyro as a salad or rice bowl.
- BLT gyro as a salad or rice bowl.
- Side of Rice
- Feta & Olives
- Veggie Cup
- Kid’s Meal with Chicken Strips and Veggies.
- Any Gyro as a salad.
- Greek Salad, no pita, add any protein with vinaigrette.