This privacy statement describes how Gyro Shack collects, uses, protects and shares the personal information of our customers. Customers include those who visit our restaurants, use our website, mobile apps, social media platforms, and otherwise interact with us. Many of our restaurants are owned and operated by franchisees, which are independent businessmen and women. This privacy statement does not apply to our franchisees or to websites or mobile apps they operate. Please see our franchisees’ privacy notices for information on how they use customer information.
We may collect personal information about you when you visit our restaurants, use our websites, social media or mobile apps (“online services”), and otherwise interact with us (collectively, “services”).
- Personal details, such as your name, postal and email addresses, phone number, birthday information, and other contact information, when you register with our online services, log-in to Wi-Fi, enter one of our competitions, or contact us by phone or through our online services;
- Transaction information, including information about the products you buy, prices, method of payment, and payment details;
- Account information, such as your username or password (or anything else that identifies you) used to access our online services or to buy or use our products and services;
- Profile information, including products and services you like, or times you prefer to visit us; and
- Other personal information you choose to provide us when you interact with us.
We collect information through automated methods.
We may use automated technology to collect information from your computer system or mobile device when you visit our restaurants, use our online services.
- Internet protocol (IP) address;
- Computer or mobile-device operating system and browser type;
- Type of mobile device and its settings;
- Referring website (a site that has led you to ours) or application;
- Online activity on other websites, applications or social media;
- Communications to us or regarding us on social media; and
- Activity related to how you use our online services, such as the pages you visit on our sites or in our mobile apps.
We collect information from other sources.
We may collect information about you from other companies and organizations. We may also collect information that is publicly available. For example, we may collect information about you when you interact with us through social media.
For those who download our APP and use it for mobile ordering.
We collect and analyze user information and purchase data including:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Type of mobile device and its settings
- Items ordered
- Quantity of orders
- Purchase amounts
We may use the information we collect in the following ways.
- Carry out your requests, fulfill orders, and process payments for our products and services;
- Communicate with you about your orders, purchases or accounts with us, requests, questions, and comments;
- Provide online services to you, which includes our websites or mobile apps; and
- Provide customer support, including processing any concerns about our services.
- Tell you about our products and services, competitions, offers, promotions or special events that we believe may interest you;
- Tell you about the products and services of our business partners;
- Personalize your experience in our restaurants and on our online services;
- Manage our business, including developing new products and services, conducting consumer and operations research, and assessing the effectiveness of our sales, marketing, and advertising;
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other crime, claims, and other liabilities;
- Comply with legal obligations and our policies;
- Establish, exercise or defend a legal claim; and
- Monitor and report compliance issues.
- To send you e-mails or text messages about our products and services, competitions, offers, promotions or special events that we believe may interest you;
- To send you e-mails or text messages about the products and services of our business partners;
- Provide location-based services;
- Deploy cookies and similar technologies; and
- Provide online services to you, which includes our website, social media or mobile apps.
We may use the information we collect about you in other ways, which we will tell you about at the time we collect
it or for which we will seek your consent.
We may share your personal information within the Gyro Shack Family. The Gyro Shack Family includes the Gyro Shack Corporation, our affiliates, our subsidiaries, and our franchisees. Members of the Gyro Shack Family who receive this information from us are not authorized to use or share the information, except as set out in this privacy statement.
We may share your personal information with vendors who provide services to us, such as fulfilling orders, providing data processing and other information technology services, managing promotions, contests, prize draws, and sweepstakes, carrying out research and analysis, and personalizing individual Gyro Shack customer experiences. We do not allow these vendors to use this information or to share it for any purpose other than to provide services on our behalf.
We may, for strategic or other business reasons, decide to sell or transfer all or part of our business. As part of that sale or transfer, we may pass the information we have collected and stored, including personal information, to anyone involved in the sale or transfer.
We have the right to use or share personal information as necessary to keep to any law, regulation or legal request, to protect our online services, to bring or defend legal claims, to protect the rights, interests, safety and security of our organization, our employees or franchisees, or members of the public, or in connection with investigating fraud or other crime, or violations of our policies.
If you have agreed to receive marketing communications from us, you can later opt-out by following the opt-out instructions in the marketing communications we send you. You can also generally find your communication preferences with instructions on how to opt-out in the profile section of the online services that you use, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also have the ability to change your communication preferences using your device settings. You can also opt-out by contacting us at our Corporate Office using the contact information provided below.
Opting out of one form of communication does not mean you have opted out of other forms as well. For example, if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, you may still receive marketing text messages if you have opted in to receiving them. Please note that if you are receiving communications from a franchise, then you will need to opt-out from them directly.
We do not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes unless you give us permission to do so. When we give you notice, and you consent, we will share your personal information as you direct us to.
Gyro Shack Membership
If you have a membership account, you may review, update, and change the information you provide to us at any time by accessing your account settings. For those who download our APP and use it for mobile ordering. If you do not want to continue to provide us with information through the mobile app, you may uninstall our mobile app from your device. If you want to delete your Gyro Shack account, you can call us at (208) 853-5840. Users may also request deletion of their information by sending an email to email@example.com
A “cookie” is a small text file that is placed onto an Internet user’s web browser or device and is used to remember and/or obtain information about the user.
A “web beacon” is a small object or image that is embedded into a web page, application, or email and is used to track activity. They are also sometimes referred to as pixels and tags.
- You might be assigned a cookie when using our online services.
- We may use both session (for the duration of your visit) and persistent (for the duration of a fixed period of time) cookies and other tracking technologies.
- Our online services and other areas related to our business may have web beacons.
We may also have providers of other apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins on our online services, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, which may also use automated methods to collect information about how you use these features. These organizations may use your information in line with their own policies.
We are committed to taking appropriate measures designed to keep your personal information secure. Our technical, organizational and physical procedures are designed to protect personal information from accidental, unlawful or unauthorized loss, access, disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction. While we make efforts to protect our information systems, no website, mobile application, computer system, or transmission of information over the internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
We keep your information for the length of time needed to carry out the purposes outlined in this privacy statement and to adhere to our policies on keeping records (unless a longer period is needed by law).
9. How To Request Deletion of Your Private Data
Users who no longer want to receive communications from Gyro Shack or would like to request the deletion of their personal information can follow any of the methods listed below:
- Call our corporate office at (208) 853-5840 during listed business hours.
- Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send a letter of request to the corporate address listed below.
This privacy statement is in effect as of the date noted at the top of the statement. We may change this privacy statement from time to time. If we do, we will post the revised version here and change the “last updated date” (the date it applies from) at the top of the statement. You should check here regularly for the most up-to-date version of the statement.
If you have privacy questions specific to Gyro Shack, you can reach us at:
Gyro Shack Corporate Office
412 E. Parkcenter Blvd. #205
Boise, ID 83706